Friday, September 24, 2010

YES MAN

The Yes Man - need I say more?  Okay, I will.  For some people (me), NO is the go-to word.  It's a word that embodies safety, security, and control of one's surroundings.  But, sometimes when you surround  yourself with no's, the slump comes on, you might even turn into somewhat of a hermit.

Through the power of Netflix, and one late-night clicking of movies I "might" want to watch, I  clicked on (without thinking) The Yes Man - with Jim Carey.  I really don't know when I ordered it.... the list of movies is about 100 deep.  It could have been last year for all I know.  It arrived in my mailbox and I actually told myself I wasn't going to watch this thing.  I had decided to send it back in the nice red envelope that it came in.  What an ignorant choice it was for me to make.  Seriously?  Another Jim Carey movie?  Then, I thought I'd just pop it in while I was doing laundry and whatnot. 

I'm so glad I watched it.  It made an impact on my life.  Who woulda thought!?!  Well, I am not actually the Yes-Man yet, but I have gotten MUCH better at saying yes and actually enjoying life a little bit more.  It's also VERY funny. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv4CoXQoAQ

2 comments: