Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's not hot, YOU'RE hot

Surprise!  I'm back!  I'm continuing my commitment to blog..... boy, it's been a while.  It's good to be back, and for those of you who know me well, I have a LOT to say :-)

First of all the yoga - hmmmm..... where to start.  Well, many of my classes over the last few months have been "survival" classes.  My home studio, Bikram Yoga Dallas, has had a fabulous makeover with a new heating system which apparently includes an evil humidifier.  I don't want to make too much out of it because as we say in Bikram Yoga, "It's not hot, YOU"RE hot".  There have been days where I simply look at myself in the mirror and try to figure out why I'm there.  Then the miracle happens and I'm in final savasana.

My latest class, taught by my walking buddy, Mary Clare (love that name), was simply amazing.  Mary Clare teaches from the heart.  I love her little reminders that "no one can do this for you" and "you can't get this in a pill".  That reminded me that my yoga practice, although extremely difficult at times, is the one choice that I have to make for myself.  I always feel great when I'm done, whether it's the sense of accomplishment that I went to yoga on a day that was just not going right and I would have much rather stayed home or the physical benefit of just feeling relaxed.

My last class to teach at my home studio was a couple of weeks ago.  It was the most interesting class of all so far.  There was a tornado close by and we had to cancel class right before standing bow pulling pose.  It was somewhat of a let down, but it also gave me a chance to chat with the ladies in the women's changing room.  We were all just waiting for the storm to pass for around 45 minutes.

I'm off to Teacher Training to see if I can recruit some teachers for August as well as have the opportunity to take class with Bikram.  I'm also super excited to see my very good friend Colleen.  We have some major catching up to do!

The studio that we are building is well on it's way.  I mean, we have CONCRETE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment