Thursday, January 20, 2011

Concrete!

On day 22 today - haven't gone to class yet.  Feeling pretty good, a little sore, but classes have been fun.  Exhausting, but fun.  Back bends are coming along, too.  I did 10 more back bends last night, which put me up to 60.  I'm certainly feeling it in my upper back.  Wow! 



I also had the opportunity to read an interesting article from Details Magazine.  Interesting is the only word I can use to describe it.  Check it out for yourself.
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/critical-eye/201102/yoga-guru-bikram-choudhury
I don't agree with the article or the title:  The Overheated, Oversexed Cult of Bikram Choudhury.  I have to just laugh because when I was in teacher training, I either didn't catch on to the shenanagans or was too tired to notice any outrageous behavior.  But.... people have to sell magazines and Bikram is a character. I guess he's an easy target.  The article didn't really say anything about the benefits of Bikram Yoga either.  I guess I'm a little protective of Bikram yoga.  I teach it, I live it, I see people's lives changed.  

In the beginning of my teacher training, the very first lecture given by Bikram, he told us to "ignore the bad, and embrace the good".  I knew he was going to say a few things that I didn't agree with and were, at some times, shocking.   I would just laugh at his comments, and, well.... focus on the good. 

Now... The good news....
Concrete is being poured, retaining wall is being built, and this is SO exciting!!!!! 








And a little peek at the new Brookshire's Fresh grocery store







 

No comments:

Post a Comment