Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 17: Breathing and Backbends

Day 17 and I feel pretty good - I've gotten my butt kicked the last 3 days of class and somehow managed to make it back and do it all over again.  The last 3 classes have been tough for some reason - I have no idea why.  It's easy to get obsessed about exactly why your class was good, bad, or even ugly. 

I decided to focus more on my breathing today and just do the best that I can do while breathing normal.  Class was better.  Thoughts kept trying to creep into my head but I had to constantly go back to breathing.  That's really the only thing that helped. 

I also incorporated some backbends at the end of class after a nice savasana.  I've been doing 5 after class but for day 17, I did 10.  I know that doesn't sound like much but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be - especially after the 90 minute class.  Yes, I woke up very sore this morning but it was the good kind of sore - my back is happy :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment