Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 19 - MUCH better

Had a great class today @ the 12 noon.  My favorite time to take class so I was happy going in, happy in class, happy in my backbends, and happy on the way out the door.  This was the first class in a l-o-n-g time that I haven't felt like I wanted to run out of the room.  No need to dwell on the past - nothing we can do about it.  What I WILL do is celebrate my wonderful class I had today. 

Okay, I was a little stiff, sore, my Head to Knee all the way through Tree Pose was a little dodgy but I was just happy to be standing up the whole standing series.  Maybe my "yoga slump" is over.  (?)  I added 10 more backbends to the end of class today.  That makes 40 throughout the whole challenge.  My goal is to make it to 500 by the end of the challenge.  Someone asked me today "why" I was doing backbends after every class.  I didn't really have an answer but now that I think about it, I want to see what it will do for my body.  Will I be stronger?  How will it help my regular Bikram yoga practice?  Will I get to 500 at the end of 60 days?  Could I do more? 
I found this picture of the "evolution of a backbend" on the web - pretty cool and VERY inspiring.




It was also great to see so many new faces in the yoga room.  I only personally knew a handful of people.  Can't wait to meet more of the new folks.  :-) 

The Sailor has regularly kept up his yoga practice at Bikram Hot Yoga Mobile in Alabama.  He has been pretty consistent for a while now - only a few days off here and there but really likes the yoga, the studio, and the new friends he has made in just about a week.  Hopefully,  I'll be out there in a couple of months to see the place, practice with my hubby, and actually meet Lucille, the owner, in person.  We have met over the phone and through good old Facebook. 

Going to hit the road to Tyler in a few days to do more business stuff and check out the yoga studio progress.  Hopefully, I'll have some pics of the progress on the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment