Saturday, January 29, 2011

serendipity



 
The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.  

Let's just say that this week has been full of surprises.  Ups, downs, knowing what to do and finally doing the right thing.  I won't get into too many details, but this has been a breakthrough week.  Not really in yoga but because of the yoga (and through lots of prayer).  Funny how life works.

My challenge has suffered somewhat because of glitches in my personal schedule and I've missed a handful of days at my challenge.  Will I make them up?  Do a week's worth of doubles?  Um, probably not - (well, maybe) but my NEW goal on this 60 day challenge is to keep going no matter what the setbacks may have in store for me.  Yes, I still have my calendar on the wall with happy face stickers, and it will be filled up with stickers in probably under 70 days.  Maybe less.

I thought about just abandoning the challenge altogether but that's no fun and I've already done one challenge that I got to 56 days and said "forget it"  - I was just too burned out.  Hey, it happens.  But, this was a good decision for me to just keep going no matter what.  
Having some time off from the yoga - 3 days in a row- during my challenge was like starting all over, though.  I had made progress in my most difficult postures up to that point and now I'm back to square one.  Square one dealing with the heat,  making up my mind to go to class, and feeling like a beginner once again.  I'll get it back, though - new challenges arise daily.  For those who care, my Triangle pose still sucks.  

Standing Bow Pulling Pose got a TOTALLY new meaning yesterday in class thanks to Nita - a wonderful teacher and friend.  Something strange going on with my hips - I must have had that frustrating look all over my face after the correction when she said "Welcome to my world".  Thanks, Nita - I no longer feel alone.  :-)  

My husband, the Sailor, has been regularly taking classes at Bikram Hot Yoga Mobile and is making progress of his own.  I never thought I'd hear this from him, but he actually looks forward to going to yoga.  He drives 40 minutes to get there.   What a trooper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment